|born on||23 June 1873 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Groningen, Netherlands, 53n13, 6e34|
|Timezone||LMT m6e34 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°00' 15°24 Asc. 01°11'|
Dutch illustrator of children's books and painter.
Jetses was born in a poor family. He was the fourth of six children in the marriage of the labourer and beer brewer Albert Jetses (b. 17 March 1841) and the maid Everdina van Prooijen (6 May 1840). After finishing the elementary school he worked at age thirteen in a stone printing company over day, but took drawing lessons in the evening. His talent for drawing was early recognised.
In 1901 Jetses was asked to illustrate the children booklets "Ot en Sien" of the Dutch teacher and philosopher Jan Ligthart (b. 11 Jan. 1859) and the teacher and writer of children's books Hindericus Scheepstra (b. 17 March 1859). The series brings a romantic and idealised view on family life in the province of Drente, where poor people actually lived in primitive huts.
The successful "Ot en Sien" trio created a new version of the "Leesplankje van Hoogeveen", a visual learning aid. Many 20th century Dutch school children learned to read their first words "Aap, Noot, Mies" via the schoolplank" illustrated by Jetses.
Jetses also illustrated the children's bible of Anne de Vries and "Afke’s Tiental" of Nienke van Hichtum
Jetses married on 20 Aug 1899 in Groningen Albertina Hinderika Holkamp (b. 22 Nov 1866, Groningen). They got a daughter Everdina in 1900.
He died 9 June 1955 in Wassenaar.
- associate relationship with Hichtum, Nienke van (born 13 February 1860). Notes: illustrated Afke's Tiental (Afke's Ten)
- associate relationship with Ligthart, Jan (born 11 January 1859). Notes: Jetses illustrated his books
- business associate/partner relationship with Vries, Anne de (born 22 May 1904). Notes: Illustrator of the "Kinderbijbel".
- Relationship : Marriage 20 August 1899 in Groningen (Albertina Hinderike Holkamp)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1900 (Birth of daughter Rverdina)
Schepel quotes Municipal Archive in Sterrentijd 1 no 11 of 1 Nov. 1990
Sy Scholfield quotes same data from birth certificate n° 691 in the online Groningen archives, p. 346/702: "des middags te twaalf uur" (at twelve noon).
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Illustrator of books and educational posters.)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : Other Extraordinary (drawing)