|Birthname||René Victor Paul Marie Jeanne|
|born on||5 January 1887 at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris Arrondissement 8, France, 48n5240, 2e1904|
|Timezone||LMT m2e1904 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°46' 16°59 Asc. 03°35'|
French actor, writer, and cinema historian, who married actress Suzanne Bianchetti. Jeanne was also notable for serving on the jury of the Mostra de Venise in 1937 and 1938.
Jeanne and fellow film artist Émile Vuillermoz had the idea of an international film festival in France. Its goal would be to compete with the Venice Film Festival, which had become politicised and was controlled at that time by Benito Mussolini. He passed the idea to Jean Zay, the French Minister of Public Instruction at the time. Zay appreciated the idea, and therefore undertook the founding of the famous Festival de Cannes.
Jeanne died on 1 November 1969 in Paris.
- spouse relationship with Bianchetti, Suzanne (born 24 February 1889). Notes: ?-1936
Birth certificate quoted in Michaël Mandl's CINÉMA MUET collection.
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Historian (Cinema)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Screenwriter)