Jean Gaston, Duke of Valois
|Birthname||Jean Gaston d'Orléans|
|born on||17 August 1650 (greg.) at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°13' 03°08 Asc. 24°15'|
French Prince and Grandson of France, a member of the House of Orléans.
His father, Gaston d'Orléans, was the youngest brother of the late Louis XIII; as such, Jean Gaston was born during the reign of his first cousin, the 12-year-old Louis XIV.
He was never able to walk and could not speak - Jean Gaston had a crooked leg which had been attributed to his mother, the Duchess of Orléans, lying on her side throughout her pregnancy.
The little Duke of Valois died at the Palais d'Orléans of diarrhoea on 10 August 1652, a week short of his second birthday.
- child->parent relationship with Gaston, Duc D'Orleans (born 25 April 1608 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Françoise Madeleine, Duchess of Savoy (born 13 October 1648 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Histoire de la Maison Royale de France, et des grands officiers de la Couronne" by Anselme de Sainte-Marie, Ange de Sainte-Rosalie (libr. associés, 1726), p. 148: "Jean-Gaston, duc de Valois, né au Palais d'Orleans à Paris le 17 aoust 1650. à cinq heures du matin..."
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Legs
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Other body problems (Could not speak)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (<2 years)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Orléans)