Jayewardene, J. R.
|Birthname||Junius Richard Jayewardene|
|born on||17 September 1906 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Colombo, Sri Lanka, 6n56, 79e51|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°15' 04°35 Asc. 07°41'|
Sri Lanka's political leader from 1977 to 1989, serving as Prime Minister from 1977 to 1978 and as the second President of Sri Lanka from 1978 till 1989. Famously known in Sri Lanka by the abbreviation JR, he was a leader of the nationalist movement in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) who served in a variety of cabinet positions in the decades following independence. A longtime member of the United National Party, he led it to a crushing victory in 1977 and served as Prime Minister for half a year before becoming the country's first executive president under an amended constitution.
Jayewardene married Miss Elina Bandara Rupasinghe in 1935, and Ravindra "Ravi" Vimal Jayewardene is their only child. He was an Officer in the Sri Lanka Army and served as the Presidential Security Adviser. He was a notable marksmen, pilot and the founder of the elite Special Task Force.
He died on 1 November 1996, aged 90, in Colombo.
- Relationship : Marriage 1935 (Elina Bandara Rupasinghe)
Ashish Seth writes "Time of birth: between 6 am till 8 am (Speculative), Virgo.(Siderial Ascendant" citing astrologer Sumanadasa Abeygunawardena in Ceylon Today : "J. R. Jayewardene was born in the house of Virgo."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (2nd President of Sri Lanka, 1978-1989)
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (7th Prime Minister of Sri Lanka, 1977-1978)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (United National Party)