|Birthname||Wah Leong Jay|
|born on||15 June 1917 at 04:10 (= 04:10 AM )|
|Place||Honolulu, Hawaii, 21n18, 157w52|
|Timezone||HST h10w30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°53' 06°40 Asc. 06°05'|
American martial artist of Chinese descent who primarily studied and taught jujutsu and judo. He was the founder of the Gendai Budo martial art Small Circle JuJitsu. Jay spent time with Bruce Lee and his associates in 1962 teaching them judo and jujutsu techniques.
Jay was the head instructor of Jay's Jujitsu Studio, which is also known as Island Judo/Jujitsu Club in Alameda, California. Even past the age of 90, he traveled worldwide teaching seminars on Small Circle Jujitsu. Jay published two books, Dynamic Ju Jitsu and Small Circle JuJitsu, and numerous instructional videos.
Jay suffered a stroke on 24 May 2011. He was later removed from life support according to his stated wishes and died on 29 May 2011 at the age of 93 in Redwood City, California.
- (has as) student relationship with Lee, Bruce (born 27 November 1940)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Traits : Body : Race (Asian, Chinese)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Stroke)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 93)
- Vocation : Sports : Martial arts
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Jujutsu and judo teacher)
- Vocation : Writers : How To ....
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Small Circle JuJitsu")