Jaime, Infante of Spain
|born on||23 June 1908 at 01:10 (= 01:10 AM )|
|Place||Segovia, Spain, 40n57, 4w07|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°09' 24°25 Asc. 24°15'|
Infante of Spain, Duke of Segovia, and Duke of Anjou. He was the second son of King Alfonso XIII of Spain and his wife Princess Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg.
Because he was deaf, as the result of a childhood operation, he renounced his rights to the Spanish throne for himself and his descendants on 21 June/23 June 1933.
On 4 March 1935, in Rome, Jaime married a noblewoman, Donna Emanuela. They had two sons, Alfonso and Gonzalo. They divorced on 4 May 1947 in Bucharest (recognized by the Italian courts in 1949 but never recognized in Spain).
On 3 August 1949 in Innsbruck, Don Jaime remarried civilly to divorced singer Charlotte Luise Auguste Tiedemann. They had no children.
On 19 July 1969, Don Jaime definitively renounced the Spanish succession in favour of his nephew, King Juan Carlos I of Spain, by petition of his son Alfonso de Borbón.
Don Jaime died in St. Gall Cantonal Hospital in Switzerland on 20 March 1975.
- parent->child relationship with Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Cádiz (born 20 April 1936)
- child->parent relationship with Alfonso XIII, King of Spain (born 17 May 1886)
- child->parent relationship with Victoria Ena, Queen Consort of Spain (born 24 October 1887)
- sibling relationship with Beatriz de Borbón (born 22 June 1909)
- sibling relationship with Gonzalo, Infante of Spain (born 24 October 1914)
- sibling relationship with Juan de Borbon, Prince (born 20 June 1913)
- sibling relationship with María Cristina, Infanta of Spain (1911) (born 12 December 1911)
- sibling relationship with Prince of Asturias, Alfonso (born 10 May 1907)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Latest News, 3.45 a.m., The Queen of Spain, Birth of a Prince," Times [London], 23 June 1908, p. 7: "Madrid, June 23 ... The Queen gave birth to a son at ten minutes past 1 this morning."
Full name: Jaime Leopoldo Isabelino Enrique Alejandro Alberto Alfonso Víctor Acacio Pedro Pablo María de Borbón y Battenberg
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon)