|Birthname||Michael Stephen Jacques|
|born on||18 March 1966 at 15:54 (= 3:54 PM )|
|Place||Randolph, Vermont, 43n56, 72w40|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°48' 21°24 Asc. 04°33'|
American rapist and murderer who kidnapped, drugged, sexually assaulted, strangled and smothered to death his 12-year-old niece Brooke Bennett. The case led to the creation of "Brooke's Law" to help fight sex crimes in Vermont.
Jacques (pronounced "Jakes") had 1993 convictions for kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault. He completed the Vermont Treatment Program for Sexual Abusers in 2006. After he was released from prison, he raped and murdered Bennett. She went missing on 25 June 2008 and her body was found on 2 July 2008. He was arrested in the Brooke Bennett case on 29 June 2008 and pleaded not guilty the next day. Jacques had been hailed as a "success story" by probationers. The program has been questioned for this reason.
On 4 March 2009, Vermont Governor Jim Douglass signed Brooke's Law. It gives prosecutors new tools to fight sex crimes, including tougher penalties, new prevention programs and more protection for victims.
On 27 August 2013 a plea deal was filed that sent Jacques to prison for the rest of his life, sparing him a death sentence. As part of the deal he admitted that he raped and murdered Brooke.
- homicide victim relationship with Bennett, Brooke (1995) (born 12 July 1995)
- Crime : Trial dates 27 August 2013 (Pleaded guilty, took plea deal for life in prison)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Assault/ Battery
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide single
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Kidnapper
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Life without parole)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Rapist/ Sex crime
- Notable : Famous : Criminal cases