Jackson, Samuel L.
|Birthname||Samuel Leroy Jackson|
|born on||21 December 1948|
|Place||Washington, District of Columbia, 38n54, 77w02|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American actor and film producer. He achieved prominence and critical acclaim in the early 1990s with films such as Jungle Fever (1991), Patriot Games (1992), Amos & Andrew (1993), True Romance (1993), Jurassic Park (1993) and his collaborations with director Quentin Tarantino including Pulp Fiction (1994), Jackie Brown (1997), Django Unchained (2012), and The Hateful Eight (2015). He is a highly prolific actor, having appeared in over 100 films, including Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995), Unbreakable (2000), Shaft (2000), The 51st State (2001), Black Snake Moan (2006), Snakes on a Plane (2006) and the Star Wars prequel trilogy (1999–2005), as well as the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Jackson has achieved critical and commercial acclaim, surpassing Frank Welker as the actor with the highest-grossing film total of all time in October 2011, and he has received numerous accolades and awards. He is married to LaTanya Richardson, with whom he has a daughter, Zoe. Samuel L. Jackson is ranked as the second highest all-time box office star with over $4,713.7 million total box office gross, an average of $68.3 million per film.
- associate relationship with Entertainment: King Kong (born 2 March 1933). Notes: Played Preston Packard in 2017 "Kong: Skull Island"
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Star Wars (born 25 May 1977). Notes: Played Mace Windu
- associate relationship with Mendelsohn, Ben (born 3 April 1969). Notes: 2019 film "Captain Marvel"
- role played of/by King, Martin Luther (born 15 January 1929). Notes: Jackson played King in "The Mountaintop"
- Relationship : Marriage 1980 (LaTanya Richardson)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1982 (Birth of daughter, Zoe)
- Work : Prize 1994 (BAFTA for Best Supporting Actor, "Pulp Fiction")
Sy Scholfield quotes fron Finding Your Roots: The Official Companion to the PBS Series by Henry Louis Gates Jr. (UNC, 2014), p. 167: "He was born on December 21, 1948, in Washington, D.C., but was raised from the time he was very young in Chattanooga."
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, Web, video games)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Film)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (BAFTA for Best Supporting Actor)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession