|Birthname||Stephen Robert Irwin|
|born on||22 February 1962 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Melbourne, Australia, 37s49, 144e58|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°31' 24°54 Asc. 00°38'|
Australian zookeeper, conservationist, wildlife expert and television personality, best known as a crocodile handler and thus nicknamed "The Crocodile Hunter."
The son of a reptile enthusiast and a nurse who cared for injured animals, he received his first snake on his 6th birthday and was hooked just as his father was. His parents moved to Queensland in 1970 where his father established a small reptile park three years later at the town of Beerwah. Young Irwin reportedly wrestled his first crocodile under his father's supervision when he was 9 years old. In 1991, when his parents retired, Irwin took over the family business, the Australia Zoo.
With business savvy and love for reptiles, the Australia Zoo expanded. In 1990 while filming a TV commercial in the zoo, John Stainton, producer, featured Irwin showing off his animals. A documentary was born, and Irwin would later achieve worldwide fame from the television series The Crocodile Hunter (1996–2007), an internationally broadcast wildlife documentary series which he co-hosted with his wife Terri.
Its terrific reception led to more TV series, Croc Files (1999-2001), Croc Diaries (2002-2006) and The New Breed Vets (2005). Irwin's showmanship and his love for his work were evident in his TV programs and documentaries. Nicknaming himself the "wildlife warrior," Irwin said his business was really conservation: "Our motto is conservation through exciting education."
In June 1992, he married Terri Raines and the couple had two children, a daughter Bindi Sue Irwin (born 24 July 1998), and a son, Robert Clarence "Bob" Irwin (born 1 December 2003). His mother died in a car crash on 11 February 2000.
On 2 January 2004 Irwin came under public fire when he held his then one-month-old son Robert in his arm while hand-feeding a chicken carcass to a 3.8-metre (12 ft 6 in) saltwater crocodile.
Irwin's demise was sudden and, in a way, ironic. He died on 4 September 2006 shortly after 11:00 AM local time when he was stung in the chest by a stingray while snorkelling at the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Port Douglas in Queensland. The weather had put a temporary halt to the filming of his documentary entitled The Ocean's Deadliest. Irwin reportedly pulled the barb out of his heart, was pulled back into the boat but died soon after, having rapidly bled to death.
Terri Irwin continues to operate Australia Zoo along with their two children. The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society ship MY Steve Irwin was named in his honour.
- associate relationship with Webster, Tim (born 15 December 1951)
- parent->child relationship with Irwin, Bindi (born 24 July 1998)
- parent->child relationship with Irwin, Robert (2003) (born 1 December 2003)
- spouse relationship with Irwin, Terri (born 20 July 1964). Notes: 1992-2006
- other kin relationship with Powell, Grace (born 25 March 2021). Notes: Grandkin
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 24 July 1998 at 9:46 PM in Nambour, Australia (Birth of daughter, 1st child)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1 December 2003 at 08:00 AM in Buderim, Australia (Birth of son)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Other Death 4 September 2006 at 11:10 AM in Port Douglas (From stingray, age 44)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
In September 2006 Sy Scholfield forwarded an email from Stephanie Johnson with the following information: Milton Black, an Australian astrologer gave 1 AM as time of birth on web chat groups, writing, "I wrote to him (Steve) some years ago and he thought it was around 1:00 am in Melbourne. This would put Capricorn on his ascendant at 00:38 degrees, Sun in Pisces at 2:31 degrees and Moon in Virgo at 24:54 Degrees. This is the best I can do for you. He was not into astrology at all. Regards, Milton Black." On 21 May 2015 the time of birth in this entry was changed to 1 AM and upgraded to an A rating.
Stephanie Johnson of Esoteric Technologies also had 4:18 AM sent to her by Australian Astrologer Judy Crichton from a web forum. Because the 4:18AM time is very specific and comes with no original source it is most likely a rectification.
His place of birth has been given variously as Essendon (in NW Melbourne) and Upper Fern Tree Gully (in SE Melbourne).
- Traits : Personality : Active
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (to Terri Raines)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (one)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (two, daughter Bindi, son Robert)
- Lifestyle : Work : Hazardous work
- Lifestyle : Work : Job-Related Injury
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports
- Personal : Death : Unusual
- Vocation : Entertainment : Circus/ Animal acts
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("The Crocodile Hunter", "Croc Files" etc.)
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer
- Vocation : Misc. : Animal Breeder/Trainer
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Hollywood Walk of Fame)