|Birthname||Bindi Sue Irwin|
|born on||24 July 1998 at 21:46 (= 9:46 PM )|
|Place||Buderim, Australia, 26s41, 153e03|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°23' 12°33 Asc. 01°23'|
Australian television personality and conservationist, also noted as the daughter of 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin and his American wife, Terri. She has her own khaki clothing label, "Bindi Wear."
Her father assisted in the birth of his 2.81 kg (6 lb. 3 oz) daughter and introduced her to his TV audience at an early age. Her first name comes from the name of her father's favourite female crocodile at the Australia Zoo, and her middle name, Sue, is from the family's late dog Sui. According to her father, Bindi is an Nyungar (Australian Aboriginal First Nations) language word that means "young girl".
Her father Stephen Robert Irwin was born 22 February 1962 in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and her mother Terri Irwin (nee Raines) on 20 July 1964 in Eugene, Oregon. Their first feature film, The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course, reached the U.S. in June 2002. Her father died on 4 September 2006 of a stingray bite while snorkelling.
When she was 9, Irwin hosted Bindi the Jungle Girl, a children's wildlife documentary TV series. She has also been involved in acting, singing, dancing, rapping, game show hosting, and has created two instructional fitness DVDs. She is also known for winning season 21 of Dancing with the Stars (US).
Bindi's younger brother is Robert Irwin, a television personality and photographer, and she is the granddaughter of naturalist and herpetologist Bob Irwin.
In July 2019, she became engaged to Chandler Powell, an American professional wakeboarder from Florida. They were married in a rushed ceremony including family and friends on 25 March 2020 at the Australia Zoo in Queensland. The next day a law came into effect in Australia that limited weddings to a maximum of 5 people due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Their daughter, Grace Warrior Irwin Powell, was born at 5:52 PM on 25 March 2021, their first wedding anniversary.
- parent->child relationship with Powell, Grace (born 25 March 2021)
- child->parent relationship with Irwin, Steve (born 22 February 1962)
- child->parent relationship with Irwin, Terri (born 20 July 1964)
- sibling relationship with Irwin, Robert (2003) (born 1 December 2003)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 25 March 2021 at 5:52 PM in Buderim (Birth of daughter, Grace)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes data given in Steve & Terri Irwin's "The Crocodile Hunter" (Ringwood, Vic.: Penguin, 2002) in which Terri states that she was at her home at the Australia Zoo in Beerwah when her water broke, before attending a nearby hospital where her labor was induced "under Dr. Tarr's instruction," then "at about 6 PM they announced that I'd be going into the delivery room..." Bindi was born on [that] Friday night, July 24, 1998" (pp. 175-177).
Time of birth from Terri Irwin's book, "Steve & Me" (New York: Simon and Schuster, 2007), p. 137: "When they finally wheeled me into the delivery room at about eight o'clock that night, I was so tired I didn't know how I could go on. . . . At 9:46 p.m., a little head appeared. ... [Steve] helped turn and lift the baby out."
Place of birth from the Irwin family's official website: "Bindi was born in Buderim, Queensland on 24 July." http://www.crocodilehunter.com.au/crocodile_hunter/about_steve_terri/family_biography.html
Scholfield checked the local newspapers but found no mention of Bindi's birth.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad noted nature actor)
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First of two)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Younger brother Robert)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer
- Vocation : Entertainment : Circus/ Animal acts
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Guest appearances with dad from early age)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer
- Notable : Awards : Emmy