Ingeborg, Princess of Denmark
|Birthname||Ingeborg Charlotte Caroline Frederikke Louise|
|born on||2 August 1878 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Copenhagen, Denmark, 55n40, 12e35|
|Timezone||LMT m12e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°32' 21°54 Asc. 04°21'|
Danish princess by birth and Princess of Sweden by marriage to Prince Carl, Duke of Västergötland. She was portrayed as a symbol of a wife and mother in many magazines and was for many years the most popular member of the royal house.
She was the daughter of Frederik VIII of Denmark, and the maternal grandmother of Harald V of Norway, Baudouin and Albert II of Belgium, and the matrilineal great grandmother of Henri of Luxembourg.
Princess Ingeborg married Prince Carl of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland, on 27 August 1897 in the chapel at Christiansborg Palace in Copenhagen. The couple had four children.
During World War II in 1940–1945, she demonstrated publicly against Nazi Germany by blocking the window of her house which faced the German embassy in Stockholm.
She died on 12 March 1958, aged 79, in Stockholm.
- parent->child relationship with Astrid, Queen of Belgium (born 17 November 1905)
- parent->child relationship with Carl Bernadotte, Prince of Sweden (born 10 January 1911)
- parent->child relationship with Margaretha, Princess of Sweden (born 25 June 1899)
- parent->child relationship with Märtha, Princess of Sweden (born 28 March 1901)
- child->parent relationship with Frederik VIII, King of Denmark (born 3 June 1843)
- child->parent relationship with Louise of Sweden, Queen of Denmark (born 31 October 1851)
- sibling relationship with Christian X, King of Denmark (born 26 September 1870)
- sibling relationship with Dagmar, Princess of Denmark (born 23 May 1890)
- sibling relationship with Gustav, Prince of Denmark (born 4 March 1887)
- sibling relationship with Haakon VII, King of Norway (born 3 August 1872)
- sibling relationship with Harald, Prince of Denmark (born 8 October 1876)
- sibling relationship with Louise, Princess of Denmark (1875) (born 17 February 1875)
- sibling relationship with Thyra, Princess of Denmark (born 14 March 1880)
- Relationship : Marriage 27 August 1897 (Prince Carl of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Mate 24 October 1951 (Prince Carl of Sweden, Duke of Västergötland)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes from Swedish newspaper Blekingsposten, 6 August 1878, page 3: "Kronprinsessan af Danmarck har i fredags natt kl. 1 lyckligen nedkommit med en dotter." (Translation: The Crown Princess of Denmark on Friday night at 1 o'clock happily gave birth to a daughter).
Previously Scholfield speculated a time of 6 AM based on German newspaper report, Hamburger Nachrichten, 3 August 1878, p. 7: "Kopenhagen, den 2 Auguft Die Krön-Prinzessin ist heute Morgen aus dem Sommerschloffe Charlottenlund von einer Tochter entbunden worden."(Copenhagen, 2 August. The crown princess was delivered of a daughter this morning at the Charlottenlund summer castle).
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifth of eight)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (54 years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Compatible
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Glücksburg, Denmark, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte, Sweden, by marriage)