Infante Manuel, Count of Ourém
|born on||3 August 1697 (greg.) at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||11°32' 20°21 Asc. 15°58'|
Portuguese infante (prince) and adventurer, the seventh child of Pedro (Peter) II, King of Portugal, and his wife Marie-Sophie of Neuburg. At the age of 18, he embarked in secret on an English ship with destination the Netherlands. Ordered by his brother King Joao (John) V of Portugal to return home, he disobeyed and went to Paris and then to Germany. On 1 August 1716, he offered his services to Prince Eugene of Savoy, to fight the Turks in Hungary. There he fought 4 days later in the Battle of Petrovaradin. In 1717, now officially in the Austrian army, he again fought under Prince Eugen and participated in the conquest of Belgrade. After the Treaty of Passarowitz, he obtained the title of Maréchal de camp. Manuel died unmarried and without issue on 3 August 1766, his 69th bithday.
- sibling relationship with António, Infante of Portugal (born 15 March 1695 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Francisca Josefa, Infanta of Portugal (born 30 January 1699 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Francisco, Duke of Beja (born 25 May 1691 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Isabel Luísa, Princess of Beira (born 6 January 1669 (greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with João V, King of Portugal (born 22 October 1689 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with João, Prince of Brazil (born 30 August 1668 (greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Elementos para a historia do municipio de Lisboa, Volume 9" by Eduardo Freire de Oliveira and A. Esteves Rodrigues da Silva (Typographia universal, 1898), p. 476: "Pelas 8 horas da manhã do dia 3 d'agosto de 1697 nasceu no palacio real da Ribeira da Cidade o sexto filho de D. Pedro II e de D. Maria Sophia de Neubourg, o infante D. Manuel."
Translation: At 8 o'clock in the morning of 3 August 1697, infante Manuel was born in the royal palace of Ribeira, the sixth son of Pedro II and Queen Maria Sophia of Neuburg.
Full name: Manuel José Francisco António Caetano Estêvão Bartolomeu
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never married)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Maréchal de camp)
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Braganza)