|Birthname||Janis Eddy Fink|
|born on||7 April 1951 at 14:40 (= 2:40 PM )|
|Place||Farmingdale (Monmouth County), New Jersey, 40n12, 74w10|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°11' 03°00 Asc. 03°04'|
American songwriter, singer, musician, columnist and science fiction author. Ian first entered the folk music scene while still a teenager in the mid-sixties. Most active musically in that decade and the 1970s, she has continued recording into the 21st century. She has won two Grammy Awards, the first in 1975 for her song "At Seventeen", and the second in 2013 for Best Spoken Word Album, for her autobiography, Society's Child (nearly 40 years later).
Janis married Portuguese filmmaker Tino Sargo in 1978; they divorced in 1983. Details of Sargo's physical and emotional abuse were discussed in Ian's autobiography, Society's Child. Janis Ian came out as a lesbian in 1993 with the worldwide release of her album Breaking Silence. Patricia Snyder and Janis Ian were married in Toronto on August 27, 2003.
- associate relationship with McFee, John (born 9 September 1950). Notes: Music collaborators
- Relationship : Marriage 27 August 2003 (same sex marriage with Patricia Snyder)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Philippe Lepoivre quotes 'email' as source of birth time, veracity and source not known. Birth place Farmingdale, NJ is given by herself in her online biography, contrary to what Wikipedia or Lepoivre write.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (one)
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Folk Music (singer songwriter)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Poet
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror
- Notable : Awards : Grammy