|Birthname||Huxley, Aldous Leonard|
|born on||26 July 1894 at 01:20 (= 01:20 AM )|
|Place||Godalming, England, 51n11, 0w37|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°00' 05°10 Asc. 26°00'|
British writer and novelist who is famed for his sophisticated and witty works. Two of his more famous works include "Point Counter Point," 1928 and "Brave New World," 1932.
He was the grandson of scientist Thomas Huxley and the brother of Julian Huxley. Tall and fine-looking, he had a troubled childhood which included the early death of his mother, the suicide of an adored elder brother and virtual blindness as a result of an untreated eye infection. Nonetheless, he took first-class honors at Oxford, having studied mostly by Braille.
During his life Aldous explored parapsychology, mysticism, Indian religions, spiritualism, Theosophy, Dianetics and, in 1953, psychedelic drugs. His wife Maria died in 1955. A year later he married musician Laura Achera, born November 2, 1911 (according to her New York Times obituary).
He died of cancer on 22 November 1963, Hollywood, CA. Five years later Laura Huxley, his wife of seven years, published her memoir, “This Timeless Moment: A Personal View of Aldous Huxley." She died in Los Angeles 12 December 2007, age 96, of cancer.
- associate relationship with Lawrence, D.H. (born 11 September 1885)
- friend relationship with Alexander, F.M. (born 20 January 1869)
- friend relationship with Duquette, Tony (born 11 June 1914)
- friend relationship with Morrell, Lady Ottoline (born 16 June 1873)
- other kin relationship with Huxley, Thomas (born 4 May 1825)
- Death by Disease 22 November 1963 at 5:20 PM in Los Angeles (Cancer, age 69. Injected large dosis of LSD a few hours before death)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Penfield Collection speculates 1:20 AM., "based on a report that he was born very early in the morning." In 7/2001, Penfield quotes that reports give "shortly after midnight."
Biography: David King Dunaway, "Huxley in Hollywood," 1989
Starkman rectified to 0.56 GMT Asc 19Gem56'
- Traits : Body : Size (6' 4")
- Traits : Mind : I.Q. high/ Mensa level (Mensa level)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Noted family)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to U.S. from England)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book