|born on||17 February 1934 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Camberwell, Australia, 37s50, 145e04|
|Timezone||AEST h10e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°30' 05°07 Asc. 04°35'|
Australian entertainer and visual artist. Humphries neglected his law studies at University in favor of performing at reviews, out of which he evolved his character Edna Everage in May 1955, an average lower middle-class housewife. In 1959 he went to England for a stage production but returned three years later with his own production of Edna in "A Nice Night's Entertainment."
In 1974, Edna was made a Dame by the P.M. in the film "Barry McKenzie Holds His Own," after which she had a personality change, becoming Dame Edna, "the brightest star of the Universe."
Humphries married four times and had two daughters and two sons. On 10/26/1982, he was appointed an Officer of the Order of Australia.
- associate relationship with James, Clive (born 7 October 1939)
- Work : Begin Major Project May 1955 (Invented the character of Edna Everage)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change residence 1959 (England for stage production)
Dennis Sutton quotes him, given in Sutton's 50 Australian charts, published 1996
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Four)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four, two daughters and two sons)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Australia to England to Australia)
- Passions : Sexuality : Transvestite (Cross-dresser as his character Edna)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Stage producer)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Officer of the Order of Australia)