|Birthname||Frederick Dewayne Hubbard|
|born on||7 April 1938 at 22:40 (= 10:40 PM )|
|Place||Indianapolis, Indiana, 39n46, 86w09|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°42' 25°05 Asc. 11°23'|
American jazz trumpeter known primarily for playing in the bebop, hard bop, and post-bop styles from the early 1960s onwards. His unmistakable and influential tone contributed to new perspectives for modern jazz and bebop.
Hubbard achieved his greatest popular success in the 1970s with a series of albums for Creed Taylor and his record label CTI Records, overshadowing Stanley Turrentine, Hubert Laws, and George Benson. Although his early 1970s jazz albums Red Clay, First Light, Straight Life, and Sky Dive were particularly well received and considered among his best work, the albums he recorded later in the decade were attacked by critics for their commercialism. First Light won a 1972 Grammy Award and included pianists Herbie Hancock and Richard Wyands, guitarists Eric Gale and George Benson, bassist Ron Carter, drummer Jack DeJohnette, and percussionist Airto Moreira.
On 29 December 2008, Hubbard died in Sherman Oaks, California from complications caused by a heart attack he suffered on 26 November.
- associate relationship with Cherry, Don (born 11 January 1924). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Coleman, Ornette (born 9 March 1930). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Coltrane, John (born 23 September 1926). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Hancock, Herbie (born 12 April 1940). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Ranelin, Phil (born 25 May 1939). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Spaulding, James (born 30 July 1937). Notes: Music collaborators
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Traits : Body : Race (African-American)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Trumpet, flugelhorn, cornet, French horn, mellophone)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz