|born on||13 February 1956 at 16:00 (= 4:00 PM )|
|Place||Salford, England, 53n28, 2w18|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||23°56' 14°10 Asc. 12°25'|
English singer, songwriter, composer, multi-instrumentalist and record producer, best known as the bassist and co-founder of English rock bands Joy Division and New Order.
Hook formed the band which was to become Joy Division with Bernard Sumner in 1976. Following the death of lead singer Ian Curtis in 1980, the band reformed as New Order, and Hook played bass with them until 2007.
Hook has recorded one album with Revenge (One True Passion), two albums with Monaco (Music for Pleasure and Monaco) and one album with Freebass (It's a Beautiful Life), serving as bassist, keyboardist and lead vocalist. He is currently the lead singer and bassist for Peter Hook and the Light.
- associate relationship with Curtis, Ian (born 15 July 1956). Notes: Members of Joy Division
Sy Scholfield quotes him in Unknown Pleasures: Inside Joy Division by Peter Hook (Simon and Schuster, 2013): "I was born at about four o'clock in the afternoon at Hope Hospital, Salford on 13 February 1956 – and no, not Friday the thirteenth; it was a Monday. Mum: Irene Acton. ... Dad: John (Jack) Woodhead."
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Joy Division, New Order)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Bass guitar, electronic drums, synthesizer, guitar, melodica)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Record/ music)