|Birthname||Guido Heinrich Karl Hoheisel|
|born on||14 July 1894 at 11:30 (= 11:30 AM )|
|Place||Breslau, Germany, 51n0654, 17e0212|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°55' 13°44 Asc. 11°54'|
German mathematician, a professor of mathematics at the University of Cologne, known for a result on gaps between prime numbers.
He earned his PhD in 1920 from the University of Berlin under the supervision of Erhard Schmidt. Hoheisel contributed to the journal Deutsche Mathematik.
During World War II Hoheisel was required to teach classes simultaneously at three universities, in Cologne, Bonn, and Münster. His doctoral students include Arnold Schönhage.
Guido Hoheisel died on 11 October 1968, aged 74, in Cologne.
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry.
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor of mathematics)
- Vocation : Science : Mathematics/ Statistics
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Maths)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field