Hill, John Jr.
|Birthname||John Luke Hill Jr.|
|born on||9 October 1923 at 20:15 (= 8:15 PM )|
|Place||Breckenridge, Texas, 32n45, 98w54|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°45' 13°30 Asc. 28°07'|
American lawyer, Democratic politician, and judge, notable as the only person to have served as Secretary of State of Texas, Texas Attorney General, and Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court.
Considered one of the top lawyers in Texas, Hill won $3.5 million from Lockheed and $8.5 million from Braniff in lawsuits during the early 1960s. He was known for mastering his brief and for his down-to-earth style as an advocate.
Hill died on 9 July 2007, aged 83, after undergoing heart surgery in St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital in Houston.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Bitsy Hill)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Law : Jurist (Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Democrat)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Secretary of State of Texas; Texas Attorney General)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Top lawyer in Texas)