|Birthname||Eduardo Alberto Kunhardt Hidalgo|
|born on||12 October 1912 at 17:15 (= 5:15 PM )|
|Place||Mexico City, Mexico, 19n24, 99w09|
|Timezone||LMT m99w09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°17' 20°22 Asc. 12°44'|
United States Secretary of the Navy in the Carter administration from 24 October 1979 to 20 January 1981. He had previously served as Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) from April 1977 to October 1979.
At the age of six his family moved to New York, where he became a citizen and anglicised his name. He graduated from Holy Cross College in 1933, and received his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1936.
During World War II he was a lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve. In this capacity he held several positions. From 1942 to 1943 he served in Montevideo, Uruguay, as a legal advisor to the ambassador to the Emergency Advisory for Political Defense. For the remainder of the war he served as air combat intelligence officer on the carrier USS Enterprise (CV-6). From 1945 to 1946 he served as Special Assistant to the Secretary of the Navy, James Forrestal.
After his term as Secretary of the Navy he became a consultant with General Dynamics Corporation, a defense contractor that he had negotiated a $643 million settlement with while Secretary of the Navy.
Hidalgo was married three times, the first two ending in divorce and the third with his death from cardiac arrest on 21 January 1995, aged 82, in Fairfax, Virginia. He had four children.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Mexican emigrant to the USA)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Heart attack)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Vocation : Business : Consultant
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Military : Military service
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Secretary of the Navy)