Herring, Robert R.
|Birthname||Robert Ray Herring|
|born on||11 February 1921 at 09:15 (= 09:15 AM )|
|Place||Childress, Texas, 34n26, 100w12|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°23' 02°48 Asc. 29°31'|
American business executive, who became president and chief executive officer of the Houston Natural Gas Corporation in 1967 and chairman of its board in 1973. He served as director of the American Gas Association, Texas Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association, the Proler Steel Corporation, Texas Commerce Bank and the Independent Petroleum Association of America.
Herring married socialite Joanne King (nee Johnson) on 5 May 1973 (in New York City), with whom he had two stepsons Beau and Robin King. He also had three children, Diane, Robert Jr. (1952-2003) and Randolph (1958-2004), from a previous marriage with Sylvia Grant Herring.
Herring had lung cancer, and he died after a long illness in Houston on 11 October 1981, aged 60. The Robert R. Herring Hall (1984) at Rice University is named in his honour.
- spouse relationship with Herring, Joanne (born 3 July 1929). Notes: 1973-1981
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Lung cancer)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Lung cancer)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Two stepsons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Lung cancer)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive
- Vocation : Misc. : Mining (Oilman)