|Birthname||Saturnino Efrén de Jesús Herrán Guinchard|
|born on||9 July 1887 at 08:45 (= 08:45 AM )|
|Place||Aguascalientes (Aguascalientes), Mexico, 21n53, 102w18|
|Timezone||LMT m102w18 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||17°03' 07°09 Asc. 00°59'|
Mexican painter of mixed Indigenous Mexican and Swiss descent, influential to Latin culture in the late 19th and early 20th Century. Herrán completed majestic paintings of Mexican Indigenous people, giving them heroic strength, beauty, and dignity. In 1910 he participated in the exhibition commemorating the Centennial Anniversary of Mexico's Independence. A desire to be a mural painter emerged during his career, and in 1911 he completed commissioned large scale mural-like paintings.
He passed away suddenly in Mexico City on 8 October 1918 at the age of 31 from a gastric complication.
- associate relationship with Orozco, José (born 23 November 1883)
- (has as) student relationship with Rivera, Diego (born 8 December 1886)
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Aguascalientes state archives.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Gastrointestinal
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Gastric complication)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor of drawing)