|born on||8 April 1943 at 08:45 (= 08:45 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||BDST h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||17°34' 28°58 Asc. 24°39'|
British writer of horror and science fiction novels. His best-selling works, "The Magic Cottage," "Haunted" and "Creed," established him as a writer with great depth and originality. His powerful and chilling novels take the reader into the realm of evil, evoking a brooding sense of peril and a continually rising tension, and worldwide, they have sold in excess of 40 million copies.
Born in the east end of London, Herbert studied at the Hornsley College of Art, later working as art director for a leading London advertising agency. When he was 28 years old, his first novel, "The Rats," was published. This success was followed with other chilling works such as "The Fog" and "The Survivor," considered to be classics of the genre. In the UK, Herbert outsells the prolific master of horror, Stephen King, who said, "James Herbert comes at us with both hands, not willing to simply engage our attention; he seizes us by the lapels and begins to scream in our faces."
Herbert and his wife Eileen have three children. Artistic by nature, he likes to paint and plays the guitar. A practicing Catholic, he had his home blessed.
David Fisher quotes him
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Paints and plays guitar)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Catholic)
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror (Numerous)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession