Henri II, King of France
|born on||31 March 1519 Jul.Cal. (10 Apr 1519 greg.) at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||St.Germain En Laye, France, 48n53, 2e04|
|Timezone||LMT m2e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°10' 28°26 Asc. 05°22'|
|Date||31 March 1519 Jul.Cal. (10 Apr 1519 greg.) at 07:10 (= 07:10 AM )|
|Place||St.Germain En Laye, FR, 48n53, 2e04|
|Timezone||LMT m2e04 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°13' 29°08 Asc. 02°38'|
French royalty, the fourth child and second son of King Francois I and Claude de Valois. He succeeded his father in 1547 as an ambitious, persistent, melancholy and bigoted ruler with little capacity. A tormenter of the Huguenots, he took their land and laid the seeds for the French religious wars to come.
He married Catherine de Medicis and was succeeded by all three of his sons in sequence, Francis II, Charles IX and Henri III.
Henry died from a temple wound on 7/10/1559 NS, Paris, France, as a result of tilting with Count Montgomery on 6/30/1559 NS.
- parent->child relationship with Charles IX, King of France (born 27 June 1550 Jul.Cal. (7 July 1550 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Claude, Duchess Consort of Lorraine (born 12 November 1547 Jul.Cal. (22 Nov 1547 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Elisabeth, Queen Consort of Spain (1545) (born 2 April 1545 Jul.Cal. (12 Apr 1545 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with François II, King of France (born 19 January 1544 Jul.Cal. (29 Jan 1544 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with François, Duke of Anjou (born 18 March 1555 Jul.Cal. (28 Mar 1555 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Henri III, King of France (born 19 September 1551 Jul.Cal. (29 Sep 1551 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Jeanne of France (born 24 June 1556 Jul.Cal. (4 July 1556 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Louis of Valois (born 3 February 1549 Jul.Cal. (13 Feb 1549 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Marguerite II, Queen of France (born 14 May 1553 Jul.Cal. (24 May 1553 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Victoire, Princess of France (1556) (born 24 June 1556 Jul.Cal. (4 July 1556 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with Claude de France (born 13 October 1499 Jul.Cal. (22 Oct 1499 greg.))
- child->parent relationship with François I, King of France (born 12 September 1494 Jul.Cal. (21 Sep 1494 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Medici, Catherine de (born 13 April 1519 Jul.Cal. (23 Apr 1519 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Charlotte, Princess of France (born 23 October 1516 Jul.Cal. (2 Nov 1516 greg.))
- sibling relationship with François III, Duke of Brittany (born 28 February 1518 Jul.Cal. (10 Mar 1518 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Louise, Princess of France (1515) (born 19 August 1515 Jul.Cal. (29 Aug 1515 greg.))
- other kin relationship with François, Duke of Guise (born 17 February 1519 Jul.Cal. (27 Feb 1519 greg.)). Notes: Close cousins
- Work : Gain social status 1547 (Succeeded father as King of France)
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) 30 June 1559 (greg.) (Temple wound while jousting)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey quotes Latin records, but says it may be doubtful; March 31, 1519. The baby's grandmother said "around 7:00 AM," but Gauricus and Junctinus were the astrologers of the wife and mother, so presumably had the correct time. Junctinus gave 5:24 AM, with an MC of 8 Capricorn 30, ASC 10 Aries27, Moon 27 Aries51. Harvey printed a chart in Nativitas I for 5:51 AM with an MC of 16 Capricorn, ASC 5 Taurus and Moon 28 Aries 26.
In the Astrological Journal January/2000, Jaroslav Mixa gives a birthplace of Fontainebleau.
Barbault quotes the Journal of Louise de Savoie for a location of Versailles, where Britannica gives St. Germain en Laye.
Penfield Collection and Taeger both quotes NN for 5:00 AM, however NN No.535 has 7:15 AM LMT on March 31 OS "according to Gauricus."
Desmond Seward's biography "Prince of the Renaissance" has only the year, 1519.
Mixa quotes Comitis de Flisco in "Decas de Fato," Frankfurt, 1663, p.51 for a given time of 7:09 AM LAT: March 30, 1519 plus 19:09 = 7:09 of the next day, with an MC of 3 Aquarius 09 and ASC of 3 Gemini. He states that a similar chart is printed in "Collectio Genitutarum" by John Gadbury, 1662.
Sy Scholfield quotes 7pm in "Histoire de la Maison Royale de France, et des grands officiers de la Couronne" by Anselme de Sainte-Marie, Ange de Sainte-Rosalie (libr. associés, 1726), p. 133: "Henry II. du nom, roy de France, naquit au chateau de S. Germain en Laye le jeudi d'apres le troisieme dimanche de careme 31. mars 1518. sur les sept heures du soir..."
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Traits : Personality : Bigot (Religious bias)
- Traits : Personality : Persistent
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Jousting wound)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Depression (Melancholy temperament)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Catherine de Medicis)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France)