Henri, Grand Duke of Luxembourg
|Birthname||Henri Albert Gabriel Félix Marie Guillaume|
|born on||16 April 1955 at 15:15 (= 3:15 PM )|
|Place||Betzdorf, Luxembourg, 49n4115, 6e21|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°49' 08°49 Asc. 11°19'|
Luxembourgian Grand Duke who has reigned since 7 October 2000. He is the eldest son of Grand Duke Jean and Princess Joséphine-Charlotte of Belgium, and a first cousin of Philippe, the incumbent king of the Belgians.
Henri has four siblings: Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria (born 1954), Prince Jean of Luxembourg (born 1957), Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (born 1957) and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg (born 1963).
On 12 November 1964, when Henri was nine, his grandmother's abdication and his father's subsequent accession as grand duke made him heir apparent. As the grand duke's eldest son, he automatically took the title of hereditary grand duke.
Henri was educated in Luxembourg and in France, where he obtained his baccalaureate in 1974. He then studied political science at University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International Studies, graduating in 1980. The Grand Duke also undertook military officer training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, England.
While studying in Geneva, Henri met the Cuban-born María Teresa Mestre y Batista, who was also a political science student. They married in Luxembourg on 14 February 1981 with the previous consent of the grand duke, dated 7 November 1980. The couple have five children.
On 7 October 2000, immediately following the abdication of his father, Henri acceded as grand duke of Luxembourg and took the constitutional oath before the Chamber of Deputies later that day.
- parent->child relationship with Alexandra, Princess of Luxembourg (born 16 February 1991)
- parent->child relationship with Félix, Prince of Luxembourg (born 3 June 1984)
- parent->child relationship with Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 11 November 1981)
- parent->child relationship with Louis, Prince of Luxembourg (born 3 August 1986)
- parent->child relationship with Sébastien, Prince of Luxembourg (born 16 April 1992)
- child->parent relationship with Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg (born 5 January 1921)
- child->parent relationship with Joséphine Charlotte, Princess of Belgium (born 11 October 1927)
- sibling relationship with Guillaume, Prince of Luxembourg (born 1 May 1963)
- sibling relationship with Jean, Prince of Luxembourg (born 15 May 1957)
- sibling relationship with Margaretha, Princess of Liechtenstein (born 15 May 1957)
- sibling relationship with Marie Astrid, Archduchess of Austria (born 17 February 1954)
- other kin relationship with Charles, Prince of Luxembourg (2020) (born 10 May 2020). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Charlotte, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg (born 23 January 1896). Notes: Grandkin
- other kin relationship with Liam, Prince of Nassau (born 28 November 2016). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield quotes official royal news from "La Naissance et le Baptême de S. A. R, le Prince Henri de Luxembourg," Bulletin de documentation by GRAND-DUCHÉ DE LUXEMBOURG, MINISTÈRE D'ÉTAT, April 1955, No. 4, p. 61: "Le 16 avril 1955, les Luxembourgeois eurent la bonne fortune de voir se produire un heureux événement dans la Famille du Grand-Duc héritier. En effet, ce jour est né au Château de Betzdorf S. A. R. le Prince Henri. La Naissance du Prince est un événement historique en ce sens qu'il continue la descendance mâle dans la Maison Souveraine du Grand-Duché. L'Enfant grand-ducal est né le samedi, 16 avril, à 15 heures 15." .
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Nassau-Weilburg, Luxembourg)