Hendrik, Prince Consort of the Netherlands
|Birthname||Heinrich Wladimir Albrecht Ernst|
|born on||19 April 1876 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Schwerin, Germany, 53n38, 11e25|
|Timezone||LMT m11e25 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°51' 00°43 Asc. 18°22'|
Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin by birth, and later prince consort of the Netherlands as the husband of Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands. He was the longest serving consort of the Netherlands.
He was the youngest son of Friedrich Franz II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, and his third wife, Princess Marie of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.
He was created Prince of the Netherlands on 6 February 1901, and married Queen Wilhelmina on 7 February 1901, in The Hague. Although the queen was devoted to her spouse at the time of their marriage, it proved in the long run to be an unhappy union that did little more than meet its obligation by producing an heir. They had one child, Juliana, in whose favour her mother abdicated on 4 September 1948.
Prince Hendrik was known to have had numerous extra-marital affairs, at least one of which resulted in illegitimate offspring.
He died, at the age of 58, on 3 July 1934 in The Hague, Netherlands.
- associate relationship with Sports: 1928 Summer Olympics, Amsterdam (born 28 July 1928)
- parent->child relationship with Juliana, Queen of the Netherlands (born 30 April 1909)
- spouse relationship with Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands (born 31 August 1880). Notes: 1901-1934
- sibling relationship with Adolf Friedrich, Duke of Mecklenburg (born 10 October 1873)
- sibling relationship with Anna, Duchess of Mecklenburg (born 7 April 1865)
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Alexandrine, Duchess of Mecklenburg (born 10 August 1869)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich Franz III, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg (born 19 March 1851). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Johann Albrecht, Duke of Mecklenburg (born 8 December 1857). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Maria Pavlovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (1854) (born 14 May 1854). Notes: Half-siblings
- sibling relationship with Paul Friedrich, Duke of Mecklenburg (born 19 September 1852). Notes: Half-siblings
- Relationship : Marriage 6 February 1901 (Wilhelmina, Queen of the Netherlands)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield forwarded news report from "Hamburger Nachrichten," 20 April 1876, p. 2: "Schwerin, den 19. April. (Privatdep.der „Hamb. Nachr.") Heute Nachmittag um 3 Uhr wurde die Frau Großherzogin von einem gesunden Prinzen glücklich entbunden."
Translation: Schwerin, 19 April. (Private despatch to "Hamb[urger]. Nachr[ichten].") This afternoon, at 3 o'clock, the Grand Duchess was happily delivered of a healthy prince.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (By him)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, by birth)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Orange-Nassau, by marriage)