|Birthname||Belford Cabell Hendricks|
|born on||11 June 1909 at 15:00 (= 3:00 PM )|
|Place||Evansville, Indiana, 37n58, 87w33|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°15' 00°23 Asc. 29°59'|
American composer, pianist, arranger, conductor and record producer, credited with arranging and composing over five thousand songs, quite possibly more than any other individual musician.
He used a variety of names, including Belford Hendricks, Belford Cabell Hendricks, Belford Clifford Hendricks, Sinky Hendricks, and Bill Henry.
Hendricks is primarily remembered as the co-composer of numerous soft-R&B songs of the 1950s, many in collaboration with Clyde Otis and Brook Benton, and as an accomplished arranger. His versatility allowed him to write in various styles, from big band swing for Count Basie, through blues ballads for Dinah Washington and Sarah Vaughan, R&B-influenced pop for Benton and country and western numbers for Nat King Cole and Al Martino, to early soul for Aretha Franklin.
Hendricks arranged and conducted nearly 100 songs for Dinah Washington from February 1959 to January 1961. They enjoyed several chart hits, the most enduring being "What a Difference a Day Makes", which reached number 4 in the US Billboard R&B chart and number 8 in the US pop charts in 1959.
He died on 24 September 1977, aged 68.
- associate relationship with Cole, Nat "King" (born 17 March 1919)
- associate relationship with Franklin, Aretha (born 25 March 1942)
- associate relationship with Mathis, Johnny (born 30 September 1935)
- associate relationship with Page, Patti (born 8 November 1927)
- associate relationship with Vaughan, Sarah (born 27 March 1924)
- associate relationship with Washington, Dinah (born 29 August 1924)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Indiana archives. Wikipedia has 11 May in error.
- Traits : Body : Race (Black)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Pianist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Records)