|Birthname||Henderson, Oscar Buford III|
|born on||21 April 1930 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Kenvir, Kentucky, 36n51, 83w09|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||00°45' 08°11 Asc. 02°03'|
American real estate broker who lived and traveled with Richard Eberling for 30 years as a couple from the time they met in 1960. Both said that they were not gay, but "closer than brothers." They met at a party in 1960, both talkers and gregarious. Obie had college degrees and had served in the U.S. Navy for four years. When he was discharged in September 1954, he went into real estate. Stocky, a sharp dresser, he worked out and played tennis to stay in shape and had good-ole-boy southern charm.
Married once when young, Obie had a son.
Eberling had a police record that had began in his youth and he was arrested in 1959 for robbing 40 homes and civic buildings. His cover was that of a window-washing business which allowed him access to both residences and offices.
In 1984, Anderson and Eberling befriended an old lady, Ethel Mae Durkin. After she died of a fall, the two were investigated and found to have faked a will to inherit her $1.5 million estate, They were convicted in 1989 of her murder, and sent to separate prisons. Eberling was later investigated for a crime that happened 30 years before, the beating death of Marilyn Sheppard. He had washed the windows of the house shortly before the murder, and a ring that belonged to Marilyn was found in his possessions.
Eberling died at the Ohio State Medical Center on 26 July 1998 from natural causes.
- friend relationship with Eberling, Richard (born 8 December 1929)
- Crime : Arrest 1959 (Arrested for burglary, con and fraud)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1960 (Richard Eberling, stayed together for 30 years)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1984 (Befriended Ethel Mae Derkin, conned and killed her)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 1989 (Convicted of murder, sent to separate prisons)
Bill Land quotes Peg Baker, a Cleveland astrologer whom Richard Eberling (Obie's partner, who used the names Henderson and Anderson) had visited
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (When young, divorced)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Played tennis to stay in shape)
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay (Claimed not gay, "closer than brothers")
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Homicide single (Charged with one, suspected of others)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Thief/ Financial crime (40 homes and civic bldgs., con artist, swindler, fraud)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Real estate (Broker)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Four years Navy)