|Birthname||John Hadley Nicanor Hemingway|
|born on||10 October 1923 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Toronto, Ontario (CAN), 43n39, 79w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°57' 16°29 Asc. 24°20'|
Canadian-American fly fisherman, conservationist, and writer from a noted family. He was a son of novelist and Nobel Prize-laureate Ernest Hemingway and his wife, Hadley Richardson, who married on 3 August 1921.
Ernest did not look forward to fatherhood, but when the baby, whom they called Jack, was a month old, he wrote to a friend, "I am getting very fond of him." He dedicated "The Sun Also Rises" to Hadley and his son John before they separated, and the divorce was final on 27 January 1927. Jack had two half-brothers, Gregory and Patrick, and became the father of Margaux and Mariel.
He wrote a memoir of his father, who died by self-inflicted-gunshot on 2 February 1961.
Jack died on 1 December 2000 in Sun Valley, Idaho, aged 77.
- parent->child relationship with Hemingway, Margaux (born 16 February 1954)
- parent->child relationship with Hemingway, Mariel (born 22 November 1961)
- child->parent relationship with Hemingway, Ernest (born 21 July 1899)
- sibling relationship with Hemingway, Greg (born 12 November 1931)
- Death of Mate 1988 (Byra L. "Puck" Whittlesey)
- Relationship : Marriage 1989 (Angela Holvey)
Sy Scholfield provided U.S. Consular Report of Birth.
Previously this entry was rated B, with LMR quoting Carlos Baker, "Ernest Hemingway: A Life Story," Chs Scribner's Sons, New York, 1969, pp 117, "On 2 o'clock in the morning of the 10th..."
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad Ernest Hemingway)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced (Age three when parents divorced)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Sports : Other Sports (Fly fisherman)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Memoir of his father)
- 1923 births
- Birthday 10 October
- Birthplace Toronto, ON (CAN)
- Sun 15 Libra
- Moon 16 Libra
- Asc 24 Leo
- 2000 deaths
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Vocation : Sports : Other Sports
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer