Heinrich, Duke of Saxe-Römhild
|born on||19 November 1650 Jul.Cal. (29 Nov 1650 greg.) at 05:45 (= 05:45 AM )|
|Place||Gotha, Germany, 50n57, 10e41|
|Timezone||LMT m10e41 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°13' 23°37 Asc. 15°28'|
German duke, as the seventh but fourth surviving son of Ernst I the Pious of Saxe-Gotha and Elisabeth Sophie of Saxe-Altenburg. After the death of their father, in 1675, Henry and his brothers co-ruled the duchy of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg. On 24 February 1680, after the treaty of division of the family lands with his brothers, he received Saxe-Römhild, which consisted of the cities of Römhild, Königsberg (now in Bavaria), Themar, Behrungen and Milz and the fiefdom of Echter.
In Darmstadt on 1 March 1676, Henry married Marie Elisabeth of Hesse-Darmstadt, daughter of Ludwig VI of Hesse-Darmstadt. They had no children.
The sideline of Römhild died out with his death on 13 May 1710, aged 59.
- child->parent relationship with Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 25 December 1601 Jul.Cal. (4 Jan 1602 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Marie Elisabeth, Duchess of Saxe-Römhild (born 11 March 1656 (greg.)). Notes: 1676-1710
- sibling relationship with Albrecht V, Duke of Saxe-Coburg (born 24 May 1648 Jul.Cal. (3 June 1648 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Bernhard I, Duke of Saxe-Meiningen (born 10 September 1649 Jul.Cal. (20 Sep 1649 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Christian, Duke of Saxe-Eisenberg (born 6 January 1653 Jul.Cal. (16 Jan 1653 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Dorothea Maria of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 12 February 1654 Jul.Cal. (22 Feb 1654 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Elisabeth Dorothea of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 8 January 1640 Jul.Cal. (18 Jan 1640 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Ernst, Duke of Saxe-Hildburghausen (born 12 July 1655 Jul.Cal. (22 July 1655 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Friedrich I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg (born 15 July 1646 Jul.Cal. (25 July 1646 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Johann Ernst IV, Duke of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld (born 22 August 1658 Jul.Cal. (1 Sep 1658 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Ernst der Fromme, Herzog zu Sachsen-Gotha und Altenburg: ein Beitrag zur Geschichte des 17. Jahrhunderts, Part 1" by August Beck (Böhlau, 1865), p. 781: "Heinrich war geboren Dienstags den 9. November 1650 Morgens vor 6 Uhr" (Heinrich was born on Tuesday, 9 November 1650, in the morning before six o'clock). This is clearly a typo as the 19th Old Style was a Tuesday.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Wettin)