|Birthname||Josephine Anna Else Heims|
|born on||3 October 1878 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°12' 13°29 Asc. 15°34'|
German stage and screen actress and wife of Max Reinhardt, she played major roles in German theatre and films.
Her marriage to Reinhardt took place in 1910 in Maidenhead. With him she had two sons, Wolfgang Reinhardt (1908-1979) and Gottfried Reinhardt (1913-1994). Reinhardt already had an illegitimate daughter Jenny from another relationship.
In 1913 Reinhardt met Helene Thimig (1889-1974), an actress sixteen years younger than him, for whom he left the family in the summer of 1919. Else Heims-Reinhardt tried to prevent his plans for divorce. In 1931 Reinhardt obtained a divorce in Latvia, but the divorce was challenged by Heims. The divorce war between them dragged on until 1935, until it was carried out in Reno.
During the period of National Socialism (Nazism) she had to emigrate via London to the United States. After the war, she commuted between the US and Europe. Else Heims died on 20 February 1958 in Santa Monica, California, aged 79.
- friend relationship with Pazatka, Charlotte von (born 18 November 1878)
- spouse relationship with Reinhardt, Max (born 9 September 1873). Notes: 1910-1935
- Relationship : Marriage 1910 (Max Reinhardt)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1935 (Max Reinhardt)
Sy Scholfield provided birth record from Berlin City Archives.
- Family : Relationship : Divorce bitter
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)