|born on||30 November 1928 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Cape Girardeau, Missouri, 37n18, 89w31|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°13' 24°17 Asc. 20°15'|
American Republican politician and diplomat who served as a United States Senator from Nevada (1983-1989) and U.S. Ambassador to the Bahamas (1989-1993).
On 12 July 1988, Hecht was leaving a Republican weekly policy lunch when he began to choke on an apple slice. Unable to talk to his colleagues and not wanting to vomit on them, he ran into the hallway, where Senator Kit Bond, a Republican from Missouri, unsuccessfully tried to help Hecht. Senator John Kerry, stepping off an elevator at the time, recognized what was happening and quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver, saving Hecht's life.
Hecht was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2005 and died of the disease on 15 May 2006 at age 77. He was survived by his wife and two daughters.
- compare to chart of Kerry, John (born 11 December 1943). Notes: Kerry saved Hecht's life
- Relationship : Marriage 1959 (Gail Kahn)
- Work : Prize 1988 (Military Intelligence Hall of Fame)
- Health : Medical diagnosis 2005 (Prostate cancer)
Sy Scholfield provided copy of birth report, Sikeston Standard (Sikeston, Missouri), 4 December 1928, page 4, born at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Prostate)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Nearly choked to death)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (47 years with Gail Kahn, 1959-2006)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Prostate cancer)
- Vocation : Business : Banker/ Financier
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Sales (Retail)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Republican)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Military Intelligence)