|Birthname||Rex Carey Alfred Harrison|
|born on||19 February 1944 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||BST h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||00°04' 01°26 Asc. 28°56'|
English novelist and dramatist, the author of 40 stage plays and 16 novels. His novel, Richard's Feet, published by Holt in the US and by Heinemann in Britain, won the Encore Award from the UK Society of Authors. His output for radio and television includes numerous award-winning plays, among them Hitler in Therapy. He is Professor of English at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York.
Harrison was born in London to actors Rex Harrison and Lilli Palmer, and raised in Los Angeles and New York, where he attended the Lycée Français. He is the half-brother of actor and singer Noel Harrison. His first wife was Mary Chamberlain. Harrison now lives in upstate New York with his wife, the artist Claire Lambe; he has four children, and one stepdaughter.
- child->parent relationship with Harrison, Rex (born 5 March 1908)
- child->parent relationship with Palmer, Lilli (born 24 May 1914)
Sy Scholfield quotes from Rex Harrison: A Biography by Nicholas Wapshott (Chatto & Windus, 1991), page 82: "It was during an air raid in London on 19 February 1944 that Lilli was rushed to the London Clinic. It was snowing and the ambulance skidded along the road, with Rex sliding behind in his car. Lilli gave birth that night."
His birth announcement in The Times reports no time of birth (22 February 1944, page 1). A birth time of 9 PM is speculative.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One stepdaughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award