Harris, Neil Patrick
|born on||15 June 1973|
|Place||Albuquerque, New Mexico, 35n05, 106w39|
|Timezone||MDT h6w (is daylight saving time)|
American actor, writer, producer, comedian, magician, and singer, known primarily for his comedy roles on television and his dramatic and musical stage roles. On television, he is known for playing the title character on Doogie Howser, M.D. (1989–1993), Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother (2005–2014, for which he was nominated for four Emmy Awards), and Count Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events (2017–2019).
Harris is also known for his role as the title character in Joss Whedon's musical Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (2008) and a fictional version of himself in the Harold & Kumar film series (2004–2011). His other films include Starship Troopers (1997), Beastly (2011), The Smurfs (2011), The Smurfs 2 (2013), A Million Ways to Die in the West (2014), and Gone Girl (2014). In 2014, he starred in the title role in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway, for which he won the 2014 Tony Award for Best Leading Actor in a Musical.
Harris has hosted the Tony Awards in 2009, 2011, 2012, and 2013, for which he won several special class Emmy Awards. He also hosted the Primetime Emmy Awards in 2009 and 2013, and hosted the 87th Academy Awards in 2015, thus making him the first openly gay man to host the Academy Awards.
In October 2014, Harris released a memoir Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography, which spent two weeks on The New York Times Best Seller List. His debut young adult novel, The Magic Misfits, was released in November 2017 and is the first in a four-book series of the same name.
Harris was named one of Time magazine's 100 Most Influential People in 2010. He is married to David Burtka. In 2010, they had twins via surrogacy.
- role played of/by Mozart (born 27 January 1756). Notes: 2006 play "Amadeus"
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 12 October 2010 (Birth of twins, Gideon Scott and Harper Grace, with the help of a surrogate)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released October 2014 (Autobiography, "Neil Patrick Harris")
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Sy Scholfield quotes list of births at St. Joseph Hospital reported in Albuquerque Journal (New Mexico), 20 June 1973, p. 48, son of "Mr. and Mrs. Ronald G. Harris," no time given.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (David Burtka)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (David Burtka)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Twins)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV, film, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Actor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Magic
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Tonys, Emmys, Academy Awards)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Neil Patrick Harris")
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Notable : Awards : Emmy
- Notable : Awards : Tony