Hale, Alan Jr.
|Birthname||Alan Hale MacKahan|
|born on||8 March 1921 at 05:40 (= 05:40 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°27' 04°02 Asc. 03°34'|
American actor most noted for his co-starring role on the CBS TV sitcom Gilligan's Island (1964–1967), playing the secondary lead role of the Skipper. Hale reprised the role of the Skipper in three Gilligan's Island TV films and two spin-off cartoon series.
Hale Jr. was the son of major movie character actor Alan Hale Sr. (1892–1950) and silent film actress Gretchen Hartman (1897-1979). After the death of his father in 1950, Hale dropped the "Junior" from his name.
Appearing in over 200 films and television roles, Hale's long acting career began in films in 1941, appearing primarily in Westerns, playing opposite Kirk Douglas in The Big Trees (1952), Audie Murphy in Destry (1954), Ray Milland in A Man Alone (1955), Robert Wagner in The True Story of Jesse James (1957) and Hugh Marlowe in The Long Rope (1961).
He also appeared in musical comedies, playing opposite Don DeFore in It Happened on Fifth Avenue (1947), James Cagney in The West Point Story (1950) and Judy Canova in Honeychile (1951).
In addition to acting, Hale co-owned Alan Hale's Lobster Barrel, a restaurant he opened in the mid-1970s in Los Angeles. He later opened Alan Hale's Quality and Leisure Travel office.
Hale was married twice; he had four children. He died on 2 January 1990 of thymus cancer at St. Vincent Medical Center in Los Angeles at age 68. For his contribution to the television industry, Alan Hale Jr. has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- associate relationship with Autry, Gene (born 29 September 1907)
- associate relationship with Backus, Jim (born 25 February 1913). Notes: Co-stars on "Gilligan's Island," 1964-1967
- associate relationship with Denver, Bob (born 9 January 1935). Notes: Co-stars on "Gilligan's Island," 1964-1967
- associate relationship with Entertainment: Gilligan's Island (born 26 September 1964). Notes: Played the Skipper, 1964-1967
- associate relationship with Johnson, Russell (born 10 November 1924). Notes: Co-stars on "Gilligan's Island," 1964-1967
- associate relationship with Wells, Dawn (born 18 October 1938). Notes: Co-stars on "Gilligan's Island," 1964-1967
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Thymus)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Both parents)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease (Thymus cancer)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (TV, film, stage)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Gilligan's Island," 1964-1967)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Restaurateur
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame)