|born on||7 March 1938 at 17:30 (= 5:30 PM )|
|Place||Iowa City, Iowa, 41n40, 91w32|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°45' 28°48 Asc. 11°09'|
American race car driver who was the first woman to qualify and compete in both the Indianapolis 500 and the Daytona 500, both in 1977. She had first attempted to enter the Indianapolis 500 in 1976 but failed to qualify. She raced in three Indy 500s: 1977-1979. She was also the first woman to lead a lap in the NASCAR Winston Cup Series. Guthrie was originally an aerospace engineer, and after graduating from the University of Michigan with a physics degree in 1960, she worked with Republic Aviation.
Guthrie married Warren Levine, a charter airline pilot, in 1989. He died on 30 December 2006 of a sudden heart attack.
- Relationship : Marriage 1989 (Warren Levine)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (2006)
- Vocation : Engineer : Aerospace
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist
- Vocation : Sports : Race Cars (Driver)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame
- Notable : Famous : First in Field