Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten
|Birthname||Gustaf Adolf Oscar Fredrik Arthur Edmund|
|born on||22 April 1906 at 23:10 (= 11:10 PM )|
|Place||Stockholm, Sweden, 59n20, 18e03|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||01°51' 23°38 Asc. 09°35'|
Swedish prince and heir to the Swedish throne. He was the eldest son of Prince Gustaf Adolf of Sweden (the future King Gustaf VI Adolf) and his first wife Princess Margaret of Connaught and a great-grandson of Queen Victoria. Gustaf Adolf was the father of the current king, Carl XVI Gustaf. He was known by his last given name, Edmund, in the family.
On 19/20 October 1932 in Coburg, he married his second cousin, Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, daughter of Charles Edward, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Sibylla was a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria, a granddaughter of Prince Leopold, Duke of Albany. They had five children.
The prince was killed on 26 January 1947 in an airplane crash at Kastrup Airport, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- parent->child relationship with Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden (born 30 April 1946)
- parent->child relationship with Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld (born 2 June 1938)
- child->parent relationship with Gustaf VI Adolf, King of Sweden (born 11 November 1882)
- child->parent relationship with Margaret, Crown Princess of Sweden (born 15 January 1882)
- spouse relationship with Sibylla, Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 18 January 1908)
- sibling relationship with Bernadotte, Sigvard (born 7 June 1907)
- sibling relationship with Bertil, Prince of Sweden (born 28 February 1912)
- sibling relationship with Ingrid, Queen of Denmark (born 28 March 1910)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "PRINCESS MARGARET OF CONNAUGHT: BIRTH OF A SON," Manchester Guardian, 23 April 1906, p. 12: "gave birth to a son at ten minutes past eleven last night."
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Personal : Death : Accidental
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bernadotte, Sweden)