|born on||4 February 1814 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Stuttgart, Germany, 48n46, 9e11|
|Timezone||LMT m9e11 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||14°41' 05°04 Asc. 28°54'|
German missionary, scholar, and linguist, as well as the grandfather of German novelist and Nobel laureate Hermann Hesse. Gundert compiled a Malayalam grammar book, Malayalabhaasha Vyakaranam (1859), in which he developed and constructed the grammar spoken by the Keralites, nowadays; a Malayalam-English dictionary (1872), and contributed to work on Bible translations into Malayalam. He worked primarily at Thalassery on the Malabar coast, in Kerala, India. Gundert also contributed to the fields of history, geography and astronomy. Rev. Dr. Hermann Gundert died on 25 April 1893 in Calw, Germany at age 79.
- other kin relationship with Hesse, Hermann (born 2 July 1877). Notes: Grandkin
Sy Scholfield provided Lutheran Church birth and baptism entry (1814, no. 18).
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work
- Vocation : Humanities+Social Sciences : Linguist
- Vocation : Religion : Missionary
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction