|born on||26 August 1898|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°26' or|
American art collector, bohemian and socialite, born to the wealthy New York City Guggenheim family. She was the daughter of Benjamin Guggenheim, who went down with the Titanic in 1912, and the niece of Solomon R. Guggenheim, who would establish the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation.
Peggy Guggenheim created a noted art collection in Europe and America primarily between 1938 and 1946. She exhibited this collection as she built it and, in 1949, settled in Venice, where she lived and exhibited her collection for the rest of her life. The Peggy Guggenheim Collection is a modern art museum on the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy, and is one of the most visited attractions in Venice.
She died on 23 December 1979, aged 61, in Camposampiero, Italy.
- friend relationship with Barney, Natalie Clifford (born 31 October 1876)
- friend relationship with Duchamp, Marcel (born 28 July 1887)
- lover relationship with Beckett, Samuel (born 13 April 1906)
- lover relationship with Tanguy, Yves (born 5 January 1900)
- parent->child relationship with Guggenheim, Pegeen Vail (born 18 August 1925)
- parent->child relationship with Vail, Sinbad (born 15 May 1923)
- spouse relationship with Ernst, Max (born 2 April 1891). Notes: 1941-1946
- (has as) recipient relationship with Goldman, Emma (born 27 June 1869)
- (has as) recipient relationship with Pollock, Jackson (born 28 January 1912)
Various biographies, for example, Peggy Guggenheim: The Life of an Art Addict by Anton Gill (Harper Collins, 2014): "She was born on 26 August 1898 at the family home, which was then an apartment in the Hotel Majestic on West 69th Street, New York."
Birth time unknown. Starkman rectified to 14.32.32 EST Asc 23Sag04'.
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Collectibles (Art)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Art)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity ("Slept with 1,000 men")
- Notable : Famous : Socialite