|Birthname||Jerome Paul Groom|
|born on||15 August 1929 at 11:40 (= 11:40 AM )|
|Place||Des Moines, Iowa, 41n36, 93w37|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°23' 00°39 Asc. 05°14'|
American football defensive tackle, center and linebacker, nicknamed "Boomer," who played in the National Football League (NFL) for the Chicago Cardinals (1951-1955). He was chosen to play in the 1954 Pro Bowl.
He played college football for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team and was a consensus selection at the center position on the 1950 College Football All-America Team.
Groom later served as a color commentator for the Denver Broncos' radio broadcasts in their inaugural American Football League (AFL) season in 1960. In 1994, he was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. He died on 29 February 2008 at age 78 in Sarasota, Florida.
- associate relationship with Barry, Paul (born 7 August 1926). Notes: Chicago Cardinals teammates, 1954
- associate relationship with Cross, Billy (born 3 May 1929). Notes: Chicago Cardinals teammates, 1951-1953
- associate relationship with Fugler, Dick (born 19 July 1931). Notes: Chicago Cardinals teammates, 1954
- associate relationship with Sanford, Leo (born 4 October 1929). Notes: Chicago Cardinals teammates, 1951-1955
- associate relationship with Sitko, Emil (born 7 September 1923). Notes: Chicago Cardinals teammates, 1951-1952
- associate relationship with Svoboda, Bill (born 12 July 1928). Notes: Chicago Cardinals teammates, 1951-1953
- Work : Prize 1994 (College Football Hall of Fame)
Birth certificate in hand from Sy Scholfield, copy on file ("Jerry Paul Groom").
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor (Sports)
- Vocation : Sports : Football (American football defensive tackle, center, linebacker)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (College Football)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (NFL player, 1951-1955)