|Birthname||Glenn Edward Greenwald|
|born on||6 March 1967 at 05:00 (= 05:00 AM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°08' 21°36 Asc. 11°22'|
American journalist, author, and lawyer, who founded a law firm concentrating on First Amendment litigation in 1996. He began blogging on national security issues in October 2005, while he was becoming increasingly concerned with what he viewed to be attacks on civil liberties by the George W. Bush Administration in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks. He became a vocal critic of the Iraq War and has maintained a critical position of American foreign policy.
Greenwald started contributing to Salon in 2007, and to The Guardian in 2012. In June 2013, while at The Guardian, he began publishing a series of reports detailing previously unknown information about American and British global surveillance programs based on classified documents provided by Edward Snowden. His work contributed to The Guardian and The Washington Post winning a Pulitzer Prize, and he won the 2013 George Polk Award along with three other reporters, including Laura Poitras. In 2014, Greenwald, Poitras, and Jeremy Scahill launched The Intercept, for which he was co-founding editor until he resigned in October 2020. Greenwald subsequently started publishing on Substack, an online newsletter-based journalism platform. Since 2018, Greenwald has also become a frequent guest on Fox News.
In 2005, a 37-year old Greenwald left his law practice in New York and took a long vacation to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where he met 19-year old David Miranda, an orphan who lived in a slum. Days after they met, the couple decided to move in together, and wed shortly thereafter. Miranda now serves as a Congressman with the left-wing PSOL party. The couple lives in Rio de Janeiro. They formally adopted two brothers in Brazil in 2018.
Greenwald and Miranda have 24 rescue dogs. Greenwald is vegan and is known for his reporting on animal welfare.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Strangio, Chase (born 29 October 1982)
- compare to chart of Snowden, Edward (born 21 June 1983)
From Randon Rosenbohm by email: "I have confirmed Glenn Greenwald’s birth time. He has reported it to be “around 5 AM,” ... I asked a podcaster, who has his number, because she frequently has him on as a guest on her podcast. She directly contacted him and asked."
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegan)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (BA, JD)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (David Miranda)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (David Miranda)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Adopted two siblings)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Animals, pets (Rescue dogs)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate
- Passions : Sexuality : Gay
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Animal rights)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Left wing)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction