|born on||26 January 1908 at 07:00 (= 07:00 AM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||PMT m2e2015 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||04°56' 00°50 Asc. 20°03'|
Italian-French musician, one of the most popular jazz musicians of the last 50 years. He was the son of Italian immigrants, orphaned with his mother's death when he was four. Shifted around from boarding house to boarding house, he got his French citizenship in 1919.
In the early '30s, Grappelli had his first taste of fame when he formed the legendary Hot Club de France Jazz Quintet with Django Reinhardt. A self-taught violinist, he started playing professionally at 15, performing in various Parisian cafés and movie theatres. During WW II he lived in London, working with such musicians as pianist George Shearing.
In the early 1970s Grappelli was rediscovered by a new generation of jazz fans. He performed at the Newport Jazz Festival, Carnegie Hall, and almost until the time of his death, at the age of 89, he remained professionally active, constantly winning over new fans with his magical style. He died on 12/01/1997, Paris.
- associate relationship with Bauer, Franck (born 2 July 1918)
- associate relationship with Delaunay, Charles (born 18 January 1911)
- associate relationship with Menuhin, Yehudi (born 22 April 1916). Notes: Collaborated on the "Jalousie" album
- associate relationship with Reinhardt, Joseph (born 1 March 1912)
- associate relationship with Simpkins, Andy (born 29 April 1932). Notes: Music collaborators
- associate relationship with Vola, Louis (born 6 July 1902). Notes: Co-player in "QdHCdF"
- business associate/partner relationship with Reinhardt, Django (born 23 January 1910). Notes: Band mates
- (has as) protégé relationship with Lockwood, Didier (born 11 February 1956)
- Social : Change of Lifestyle 1919 (Gained French citizenship)
- Work : Begin Major Project 2 December 1934 in Paris (Debut performance of Quintette with Django Reinhardt)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death, Cause unspecified 1 December 1997 in Paris, France (Following a hernia operation, age 89)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Petitallot quotes B.C., Cadran No. 47, December 1997
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Raised in boarding houses)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Orphaned at age four)
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16 (Professional at age 15)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 89)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Hot Club de France Jazz Quintet)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Violinist)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Jazz