|Birthname||James Lablache Stewart|
|born on||6 May 1913 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||14°56' 11°47 Asc. 22°30'|
British actor, tall, dark and debonair, a leading adventure star of the '50s. He attended London's Webber Douglas School of Dramatic arts, played in local theater and changed his name to Granger. He made a film debut in "So This is London," 1939. After the interruption of military service, he returned to the movies to become a regular on British screens through the '40s.
Granger shot to stardom in a series of dashing adventure roles. Moving to Hollywood in 1950, he played in "King Solomon's Mines" and was top box office in "Scaramouche," "Beau Brummel," and "Prisoner of Zenda."
He had three marriage and divorces; three daughters and one son. In late November 1989, he played on Broadway in Maugham's "The Circle," with Rex Harrison and Glynis Johns, all three vigorous old-timers and top professionals. He survived a cancer surgery that left him with half a lung and still found great pleasure in the company of a beautiful woman. During the '70s, he was at one time worth $15 million with investments, until, overnight, the real estate market crashed.
Granger died of bone and prostate cancer on 16 August 1993 in Santa Monica, California.
- lover relationship with Kerr, Deborah (born 30 September 1921). Notes: Had an affair
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Hopper, Hedda (born 2 May 1885). Notes: Stewart won libel case against Hopper
- spouse relationship with Simmons, Jean (born 31 January 1929). Notes: 1950-1960
- role played of/by Philip, Prince (Duke of Edinburgh) (born 10 June 1921). Notes: 1982 TV film "The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana"
- Social : Acquired Citizenship 1956 (USA)
Dana Holliday quotes his autobiography "Sparks Fly Upward," p.8.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal bone and prostate)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Lung cancer)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Jean Simmons)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (England and U.S.)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Lawsuit sued (Won)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 80)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film, TV, stage, radio)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater, Broadway)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW II)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection