|Birthname||Ruth McCue Bell|
|born on||10 June 1920 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Qingjiang (Jiangsu), China, 33n35, 119e02|
|Timezone||LMT m119e02 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°21' 28°58 Asc. 02°41'|
American Christian author, most well known as the wife of evangelist Billy Graham. She was the second of five children born to medical missionaries at the Presbyterian Hospital 300 miles (480 km) north of Shanghai. At the age of 13 she was enrolled in Pyeng Yang Foreign School in Pyongyang, Korea, where she studied for three years. She completed her high school education at Montreat, North Carolina, while her parents were there on furlough. She graduated from Wheaton College (Illinois) in Wheaton, Illinois.
The Grahams met at Wheaton College and were married in the summer of 1943, shortly after their graduation. Ruth Graham became a minister's wife for a brief period in Western Springs, Illinois. She lived out the rest of her life in Montreat, North Carolina.
Graham wrote Our Christmas Story, Sitting by My Laughing Fire, It's My Turn, The Legacy of a Pack Rat, Prodigals and Those Who Love Them, Clouds Are the Dust of His Feet, One Wintry Night, Coffee and Conversation with Ruth Bell Graham and Gigi Graham Tchividjian, Collected Poems, Mothers Together and Prayers from a Mother's Heart. Her most recent books published in 2001 are Never Let It End: Poems of a Lifelong Love, Footprints of a Pilgrim: The Life and Loves of Ruth Bell Graham and A Quiet Knowing.
Graham had been in frail health since suffering spinal meningitis in 1995, degenerative osteoarthritis of the back and neck and pneumonia. She died at 5:05 pm. EDT on 14 June 2007 at her home in Montreat, with her husband and five children at her bedside, four days after her 87th birthday.
- friend relationship with Townsend, Colleen (born 21 December 1928)
- parent->child relationship with Graham, Franklin (born 14 July 1952)
- spouse relationship with Graham, Billy (born 7 November 1918). Notes: 1943-2007
Sy Scholfield provided U.S. Consular Report of Birth.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Osteoporosis
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Spinal meningitis)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of five)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Billy Graham, 1943-2007)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Billy Graham)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 87)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy (Christian)
- Vocation : Writers : Poet