|Birthname||Eduard August Grüneisen|
|born on||26 May 1877 at 21:15 (= 9:15 PM )|
|Place||Halle (Sachsen-Anhalt), Germany, 51n29, 11e58|
|Timezone||LMT m11e58 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||05°38' 01°49 Asc. 21°28'|
German physicist known for the Mie–Gruneisen equation of state (along with Gustav Mie) and the Grüneisen Parameter. Since 1929 he was together with Max Planck co-editor of Annalen der Physik.
In 1933 Grüneisen signed the Loyalty Oath of German Professors to Adolf Hitler and the National Socialist State.
Grüneisen died in Marburg on 5 April 1949, aged 71.
- associate relationship with Planck, Max (born 23 April 1858). Notes: Co-editors of "Annalen der Physik"
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry from Halle Archives. Birth place of Giebichenstein is part of Halle.
- Vocation : Science : Physics
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Mie–Gruneisen equation of state")
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator ("Grüneisen Parameter")