|Birthname||Johannes Grün Jr|
|born on||27 August 1868 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Mondorf-Les-Bains, Luxembourg, 49n31, 6e16|
|Timezone||LMT m6e16 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||04°03' 27°56 Asc. 10°08'|
Luxembourgish entertainer believed to be the strongest man in the world at the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century. Grün appeared in many of the circuses, music halls, and variety theatres of America and Europe. Known as the Luxembourg Hercules, his acts included tearing apart decks of cards and horse shoes, breaking a block of stone on his chest with a hammer or halting a moving car. While such performances could not be officially measured, Grün never found a better match during his career. The magician Harry Houdini who frequently performed with Grün tells of how "he juggled hundreds, and toyed with thousands, of pounds as a child plays with a rattle."
In 1909, after a serious injury, he gave up his professional career and left America for London, England where he became the landlord of a public house. Struck by a mortal disease, he returned to Luxembourg in 1912 and died in Ettelbruck on 3 November 1912.
- associate relationship with Houdini, Harry (born 24 March 1874). Notes: Co-performers
Birth certificate (acte n° 24) provided by Sy Scholfield.
- Traits : Body : Body builder
- Vocation : Entertainment : Circus/ Animal acts
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Alcohol business (Pub landlord)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes ("Strongest man in the world")