Goltz, Rüdiger von der
|Birthname||Gustav Adolf Karl Joachim R. Graf v. d. G.|
|born on||10 July 1894 at 07:45 (= 07:45 AM )|
|Place||Berlin-Charlottenb., Germany, 52n32, 13e16|
|Timezone||CET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°57' 22°13 Asc. 27°13'|
German commercial and criminal defence lawyer and politician (NSDAP/ Nazi party), also noted as the son of the general of the same name, Rüdiger von der Goltz (1865–1946).
Rüdiger von der Goltz initially became a soldier, fought in World War I and retired from active service in 1915 after being seriously wounded and having a leg amputated. He then studied law in Geneva, Tübingen and Berlin. In 1919 he earned his jurisprudence doctorate. From 1922 to 1934 he practised as a lawyer in Szczecin.
Goltz made himself known as a defender in several feme (political) murder trials (Edmund Heines, August Hermann Fahlbusch) and in the Goebbels trial. In the spring of 1933 he became President of the Provincial Parliament of the Province of Pomerania. In May 1933 he was appointed Reich Trustee for Work for Pomerania and the Prussian State Council before moving to Berlin in 1934, where he worked as a lawyer and notary. Von der Goltz was one of the founding members of the National Socialist Academy for German Law in 1933 along with Hans Franks. From 29 March 1936 he was a member of the Reichstag for the NSDAP and a member of the Criminal Law Commission at the Reich Ministry of Justice. Since 1935 he represented several commercial companies: in 1938 he was the defender for Werner von Fritsch in his trial in the course of the Blomberg-Fritsch crisis. At the beginning of World War II he was transferred to the military attaché in Brussels in 1939; he resigned from the Reichstag in 1943.
Von der Goltz was a cousin of Dietrich Bonhoeffer and represented him before the Imperial War Court, as well as Hans von Dohnanyi for a short time. After 1945 he worked as a lawyer at the Düsseldorf Higher Regional Court.
Von der Goltz was married to Astrid Hjort (born 27 June 1896). Their son Hans Graf von der Goltz (born 22 September 1926 in Stettin) became Herbert Quandt's general representative in 1971 and chairman of the supervisory board of BMW AG.
- associate relationship with Frank, Hans (born 23 May 1900). Notes: Lawyer/ client
- associate relationship with Goebbels, Joseph (born 29 October 1897). Notes: Lawyer/ client
- associate relationship with Heines, Edmund (born 21 July 1897). Notes: Lawyer/ client
- other kin relationship with Bonhoeffer, Dietrich (born 4 February 1906). Notes: Cousins
- (has as) other hierarchical relationship with Fritsch, Werner Von (born 4 August 1880). Notes: Lawyer/ client
Sy Scholfield provided birth registry entry (no. 1967) from Berlin archives.
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Hans Graf von der Goltz)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WWI)
- Vocation : Military : Wounded (Leg amputated)
- Vocation : Politics : Nazi party