|Birthname||Katherine Thomas Beale|
|born on||16 January 1917 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Jerusalem, Virginia, 36n46, 77w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°55' 27°18 Asc. 07°44'|
American First Lady of Virginia from 1966 to 1970 and again from 1974 to 1978. She lost both parents to the 1918 flu epidemic. She graduated from Madison College in 1930, and taught elementary school in Chuckatuck, Virginia before marrying Mills E. Godwin, Jr. in 1940.
The Godwins adopted one child, Becky Godwin (born 1954). In August 1968, while Governor Godwin was attending the Democratic National Convention in Chicago, Illinois, Becky and her mother were vacationing at the Oceanfront area of Virginia Beach when Becky was killed in a freak lightning accident.
Katherine Godwin died on 5 March 2015 in Williamsburg, Virginia, aged 98.
- Relationship : Marriage 1940 (Mills E. Godwin Jr.)
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate from Virginia archives.
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Orphaned in infancy)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Adopted daughter)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Daughter died)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 98)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Politics : Other Politics (First Lady of Virginia)