Givens, M. Parker
|Birthname||Miles Parker Givens|
|born on||9 June 1916 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Richmond, Virginia, 37n33, 77w28|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°05' 21°30 Asc. 23°48'|
American optical physicist, former acting director and professor emeritus at The Institute of Optics at the University of Rochester. His work spanned several topics in physical optics, including holography and photogrammetry. He made important contributions to the development of optical data processing and synthetic holography.
Givens died on 11 January 2013, aged 96, having outlived his wife and his two sons — he was survived by his only daughter.
Sy Scholfield provided birth certificate.
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 96)
- Vocation : Education : Administrator
- Vocation : Education : Researcher
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Science : Physics (Optical)