Gisela, Archduchess of Austria
|Birthname||Gisela Louise Marie|
|born on||12 July 1856 at 06:35 (= 06:35 AM )|
|Place||Laxenburg, Austria, 48n04, 16e21|
|Timezone||LMT m16e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°59' 11°08 Asc. 15°28'|
Austrian royalty, the second daughter and eldest surviving child of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria and Empress Elisabeth. On 20 April 1873, Gisela was married to Prince Leopold of Bavaria in Vienna. They had four children. Gisela died aged 76 in Munich on 27 July 1932.
- parent->child relationship with Auguste, Princess of Bavaria (born 28 April 1875)
- parent->child relationship with Elisabeth Marie, Princess of Bavaria (born 8 January 1874)
- parent->child relationship with Georg, Prince of Bavaria (born 2 April 1880)
- parent->child relationship with Konrad, Prince of Bavaria (born 22 November 1883)
- child->parent relationship with Elisabeth "Sissi", Empress of Austria (born 24 December 1837)
- child->parent relationship with Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria (born 18 August 1830)
- spouse relationship with Leopold, Prince of Bavaria (born 9 February 1846). Notes: 1873-1930
- sibling relationship with Marie Valerie, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 April 1868)
- sibling relationship with Rudolf, Crown Prince of Austria (born 21 August 1858)
- sibling relationship with Sophie, Archduchess of Austria (born 5 March 1855)
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Elisabeth, Kaiserin von Österreich und Königin von Ungarn, 1837-1898" by Hans Rödhammer (Kulturverein Schloß Ebelsberg, 1983), pp. 108-109: "Der Statthalter in Oberösterreich, Eduard Freiherr von Bach, verlautbart eine telegraphische Depesche: „Wien, den 12.Juli 1856, 7 Uhr früh, Ihre Majestät die Kaiserin sind heute um 6 Uhr 35 Minuten von einer Prinzessin befinden sich wohl.' Die Geburt war im Schloss Lazenburg."
Translation: The governor of Upper Austria, Eduard Freiherr von Bach, announced a telegraphic dispatch: 'Vienna, 12 July 1856, 7 o'clock in the morning, Her Majesty the Empress today at 6:35 a.m. delivered a princess, both well.' The birth was in Lazenburg castle.
Same data in Wiener Zeitung, 13 July 1856, p. 1: "Ihre Majestät die Kaiserin sind gestern, den 12. Juli, um 6 Uhr 35 Minuten Früh glücklich von einer Erzherzogin entbunden worden."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)